Press Release: The first step to posting your press release is writing one! Make sure you are catching the readers attention and making them want to be in your shoes at that point.
1. Begin your press release in a Word Doc. This makes it easier on yourself for formatting when you are ready to share with your sponsors and other social media sites.
2. Once you have finished writing your press release copy everything.
3. Then add a new post on the back end of your website in WordPress.
4. In the tool bar above look for and click on the gray clip board with the letter T on the front, this is your Paste as Text tool. This tool will format the text correctly.
5. Once you have completed step #4 paste your press release.
You did it! You have completed the first bullet point
Using Fonts: When using fonts you have many options.
You also have the other options to finalize your fonts if you want to:
Adding individual photos to the text: All press releases need photos to give the reader an idea of what was going on.
1. Click anywhere in the text as to where you would like your picture to be placed.
2. Above the tool bar at the top, in the left hand corner, click on Add Media.
3. Click on Upload Files in the top left hand corner and then click on Select Files in the middle of your screen.
4. Simply select the files you would like to upload
5. Let the pictures upload so you do not run into any issues with them only loading half way.
6. When the pictures are done loading add a title in the right side bar and then copy paste the title in the Alt Text and Description below it.
7. Scroll to the bottom of the right side bar and select the Alignment of the picture, Left, Center, Right or None.
8. Choose the size of your picture, Thumbnail, Small, Medium, Large or Full Size.
9. In the very right hand bottom corner click Insert into page.
Adding a Video to the text: Give your press release some action with a video from YouTube!
1. Go to the YouTube video you would like to use.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the video.
3. To the right under the views, is a bar with About, Share, Add to, Statistics and Report. Click on the Share. A link should now pop up and be highlighted in green.
4. Copy the last 10 letters and/or numbers and go back to your post.
5. Select in the text where you would like your video to be placed.
5. In the tool bar above, look for and click on the yellow square with a black V in it.
6. Paste the last 10 letters and/or numbers in the Video Id section, alter the size in which the video will be when posted and press Insert when finished.
How to Hyperlink Website or Email: Say someone comes to your website and see’s that you have your Facebook link posted in your press release, well instead of them Copy/Pasting it this will give them the option to click on the web address and automatically be taken to your Facebook page with no hassle.
1. Highlight your web address or email and copy it.
2. In the tool bar above look for and click on the gray paper clip looking icon.
3. Paste your copied web address or email into the URL section
- When putting in a web address “http://” must always be in front of the web address.
- When putting in an email “mailto:” must always be in front of the email address.
Be extra careful and double check that the “http://” is always in front of your web address and “mailto:” is always in front of your email or the hyperlinks will NOT WORK.
Listing Marketing Partners:
1. Make a list of all your marketing partners and list them in order of importance at the bottom of your press release.
2. Always be sure to put some type of thank you in the beginning so when they read your press release, they will know you are grateful for there support.
3. After all marketing partners are listed in order of importance, Hyperlink all of them to their main website and if they do not have a website, use their Facebook page.
Adding Results to a Schedule: At the end of your press release it is always a good idea to put in the upcoming events, whats better then laying it out the right way in a table.
This table will specify What, Where, and MORE INFO
To add more rows to your table utilize this HTML:
<td valign=”top” width=”250″></td>
<td valign=”top” width=”250″></td>
<td style=”text-align: center;” valign=”top” width=”100″>MORE INFO</td>
When adding more rows you will need to go into the back side of the text known as HTML. It may look scary but just read it very carefully and you will start to notice how it all lays out. Notice the pattern as you find the chart at the very bottom.
You will find this <table border=”1″ cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″> this is the beginning of the chart.
Under that you will notice the individual rows and the numbers in “” are the sizes of the columns. Also identified in the picture below
Bower Motorsports Media is a full service Marketing and Media Company for Racers, Events and Companies. Visit our master site for the media at www.BowerMedia.com or see what we can offer you at www.BowerMediaStore.com
Source: Racer Marketing School